My office is Stevenson 341. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing about a course, please include your full name in the body of your email and the course number (e.g., “251”) in the subject line.
- Topics in Contemporary Philosophy: Games (Philosophy 305), Fall 2017
- Introduction to Metaphysics and Epistemology (Philosophy 201), Spring 2018
- Language, Logic, and Mathematics (Philosophy 112), Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
Over the years, I have taught introductory courses in symbolic logic, critical reasoning, metaphysics, epistemology, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, the nature of the self, medieval philosophy, and ancient philosophy; I have taught advanced undergraduate courses in metaphysics and philosophy of religion; I have taught graduate seminars in metaphysics and philosophy of language.
Texts and Handouts
I am occasionally invited by the ISU Philosophical Society (our undergraduate philosophy club) to lead discussions on various topics. Here are the handouts from those discussions:
- Holes (Dec 3, 2013)
- Paradoxes (Apr 15, 2014)
- The Rule Following Paradox (Dec 3, 2014)
- Material Composition (Mar 25, 2015)
- Music (Mar 28, 2016)
- Shadows (Nov 8, 2016)